About Myburgh Attorneys Incorporated
Myburgh Attorneys Incorporated is a boutique firm that has been in existence since 1 September 1999. We previously traded as a sole proprietorship called Myburgh & Associates.
Our firm’s level of service and efficiency has repeatedly proven that the interests of our clients are paramount and that the value-added service offered to our clients’ business and personal interests is of utmost importance. Our expanding client base serves as proof of our commitment to excellence.
Myburgh Incorporated takes pride in setting itself apart from other legal firms. Our competent team actively applies the highest level of ethical standards and offers exceptional services to each and every client.
Our largest client component is derived as a result of word of mouth from which we have secured most of our local, national and international client base. In so doing we have built up a sound reputation within the legal fraternity.
The firm is secure in that the majority of the firm’s staff have been with the firm for an extensive period of time. All staff members are competent and well experienced in their fields of expertise. Each staff member is well versed in the firm’s policies and procedures and committed to ensuring that the highest standards are applied at the firm.
We are an inspired, structured, motivated and outgoing team who believe that honesty, integrity and vision is the backbone of being a successful legal firm.
Find Out More About Our Services
About Janine Myburgh
Janine Myburgh is the Cape Law Society National Forum representative, which is set to change the legal profession. Janine is also a Council Member of the Cape Law Society, as well as a member of the Cape Law Society’s Disciplinary Committee. As the former President of the Cape Chamber of Commerce, Janine is the only woman who has been elected in the Chambers’ 211 years of existence. She was also the youngest person ever to be elected to this position.
In July 2011 Janine was selected to attend the Advanced Judicial training course, which she completed with a pass rate of 75%. She was one of only 14 people nationally selected to attend. Janine is a trained Family Mediators’ Association of the Cape (FAMAC) mediator and facilitator and currently also serves as a Small Claims Court Commissioner. Janine was the National President for two consecutive terms of the South African Council of Business Women. Janine has held the position of Chairperson of CHAMSA WC (now known as Business Western Cape). Janine concluded her second term, as appointed by Premier Rasool and Premier Helen Zille respectively, representing Organised Business as the Overall Convenor of Business at the Provincial Development Council.
Janine is a recipient of the Micro Business Leader award and the first woman to receive this award. She was granted honorary membership by the United Nation in recognition of her contribution to the South African society and to the advancement of the goals of the United Nations. Janine authored a chapter in the
Achievements and Acknowledgements
- Our Managing Director, Janine who established the firm in 1999 was the recipient of the Micro Business Leader award in 2003, the first women to receive this award.
- Janine was elected as the President of the Tygerberg Region of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry for two consecutive terms. In 2003 and 2004 the first ever lady to serve in this capacity.
- Janine was elected the National President for two consecutive terms of the South African Council of Business Women in 2003 and 2004, the youngest women elected to this position.
- In 2004/2005 Janine was elected as the Deputy President of the Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Janine was elected to serve as a National Executive Member of the AHI (Afrikaanse Handels Instituut) for 3 consecutive terms in 2003.
- Janine assisted the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund in their research for the child witness training programme in 2004 and 2005.
- Janine was elected in 2005 by the Black Staff of Prudential Investment Managers (Pty) Ltd and served as the Black Staff Trusts Trustee prior to the” dissolution” thereof in 2014.
- Janine served as the Founding Chairperson of the Accredited Chambers of Commerce which included the Cape Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Johannesburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry in 2006. Whereafter she represented organized business on BUSA and NEDLAC (Business Unity SA till +\- 2015).
- Janine was selected in 2007to attend and successfully completed the Judicial training course to serve on the bench. In July 2011 she was selected, attended and completed the Advanced Judicial training course with a pass rate of 75%. Janine was once again selected, attended and successfully completed the Judicial Skills Course in 2018.
- Janine was granted Honorary membership by the United Nation in recognition of her contributions to the South African society and to the advancement of the goals of the United Nations in 2007.
- In 2008 Janine was elected as the Chairperson of CHAMSA WC (now known as Business Western Cape – the umbrella body of all organized business in the Western Cape) the only woman to hold this position.
- Janine is the Metrorail/PRASA Safety and Security Advisory Board Chairperson since 2008.
- Janine is often quoted in the press and has been the author of a chapter in the publication ‘Ethical Leadership and the challenges of Moral Transformation’ in 2009.
- Janine was a Council Member of the Cape Law Society from 2010 to 2018.
- Janine served on the Mediation Panel of the Land Rights Facility of the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform in 2010/2011.
- Janine has attended International Legal Conferences on behalf of the Law Society of SA – SADAC Lawyers Conference 2012 – 2018 and Common Wealth Lawyers Conference
- Janine is a Board Member of International Women’s Entrepreneurs Challenge (IWEC) for RSA since 2014 and has represented the South African women in Peru, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, USA and in China.
- Janine was the Law Society of South Africa National Forum representative, as appointed by the Minister of Justice in
- Janine was elected to the Legal Practice Council, the regulatory body of the legal profession in October 2018 for a period of 3 years in this capacity.
- Janine is the former President and Chairperson of the Board of the Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The only woman to be elected in the Chambers’ 215 years of it’s existence.
- Janine is a trained FAMAC (Family Mediators Association of the Cape) mediator and facilitator and served as a FAMAC Executive Committee member.
- Janine has served as a Small Claims Court Commissioner.
- Janine served on the Equillore Dispute Practitioner Family Law Panel.
- Janine served on the Mayor’s, City of Cape Town’s Water Resilliance Advisory Committee.
- Janine is an international speaker on mentorship.